Sunday, April 16, 2006

head of a moose : organic modeling



So, it's been a while since I posted so I figured I post something I've been working on for the past couple weeks. This is my second attempt of modeling this moose, which is still a work n progress. I still need to work around the mouth area, and the ears. The first time, I used patched modeling in nurbs using XSI and I'm probably 75% done with that. It wasn't an easy process, and I have to admit that I prefer using polygons anyday. With this model I did use a little bit of curves, but 80% of it is polys. I think if I ever feel like doing patch modeling again, I might consider using MAYA. That is, IF the oppourtunity calls for it......

7 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger nhu diep said...

hey!!!

your modeling is looking great! hope things are going well for you...excited to see more models!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger ivaylo said...

awesome stuff, Asako!
did you do that design?
love it! great hunting trophy!
:)
keep posting!!!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice model!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Martin Wittig said...

Nice designs/models! I haven't done any 3-d stuff in awhile, but these are great:o)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger TeiRetsu said...

Great Model~!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger mike . . . said...

great stuff, Asako!
sooooo good to hear from you.
thanks for stopping by my lil' blogggggg. :)
all the best to you and the gang from Laguna!
mike . . . :)

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger blabla said...

hajimemashite
cool stuff! the model looks good.
keep going!

Do you speak japanese?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home